Monday 17 August 2020

Past Paper Drama 2017 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1, which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages. 
(i) Time alone can make it clear a man is just while you can know a traitor in a day. Realty, if the lower orders don't set us a good example, what on earth is the use of them? 
(ii) Till swollen with cunning, of a self-conceit, 
His waxen wings did mount above his reach, 
And melting heavens conspired his overthrow. 
(iii) If I were now to die, 
Twere now to be most happy, for I fear
My sould hath her content so absolute
That not another comfort like to this
Succeeds in unknown fate. 
(iv) Too hot, too hot!
To mingle friendship far is mingling bloods.
I have tremor cordis on me: my heart dances; 
But not for joy; not joy. 
(v) Reputation, reputation, reputation! O, I have lost my reputation! I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial. 
2. Discuss the role of fate and free will in defining the destiny of the character of Oedipus in Sopholces' play "Oedipus Rex". 
3. Was Faustus ethically wrong in pursuing his ambition for greater knowledge? Discuss with reference to "Dr. Faustus" by Christopher Marlowe. 
4. Is Faustus' damnation tragic or an act of justice? Discuss in detail with reference to Christopher Marlowe's "Dr. Faustus". 
5. Critically examine the statue scene in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" and elaborate its significane with reference to the overall plot of the play. 
6. Discuss the significance of the title of Oscar Wilde's play "The Importance of Being Earnest".
7. Shakespeare's Othello initially questions, but then confirms racist stereotypes. Discuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment