Wednesday 5 August 2020

Important Questions | The Winter's Tale By Shakespeare | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
(a) No, in good earnest.
How sometimes nature will betray its folly,
Its tenderness, and make itself a pastime
To harder bosoms!

(b) Should a villain say so,
The most replenish'd villain in the world,
He were as much more villain: you, my lord,
Do but mistake.

(c) There's some ill planet reigns:
I must be patient till the heavens look
With an aspect more favourable.

2. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) Be certain what you do, sir, lest your justice
Prove violence; in which three great ones suffer,
Yourself, your queen, your son.
(b) If it prove
She's otherwise, I'll keep my stables where
I lodge my wife; I'll go in couples with her;
Than when I feel and see her no farther trust her;
For every inch of woman in the world,
Ay, every dram of woman's flesh is false, If she be.
(c) Sir, it is three days since I saw the prince. What
his happier affairs may be, are to me unknown: but I
have missingly noted, he is of late much retired
from court and is less frequent to his princely
exercises than formerly he hath appeared.
3. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) Thou dearest Perdita,
With these forced thoughts, I prithee, darken not
The mirth o' the feast. Or I'll be thine, my fair,
Or not my father's. For I cannot be
Mine own, nor anything to any, if
I be not thine.
(b) Thou old traitor,
I am sorry that by hanging thee I can
But shorten thy life one week. And thou, fresh piece
Of excellent witchcraft, who of force must know
The royal fool thou copest with, --
(c) Whilst I remember
Her and her virtues, I cannot forget
My blemishes in them, and so still think of
The wrong I did myself; which was so much,
The heirless it hath made my kingdom and
Destroy'd the sweet'st companion that e'er man
Bred his hopes out of.
4. "The Winter's Tale" As a Tragic Comedy
5. Role of Divine Intervention in "The Winter's Tale" 
6. Pastoral Elements in "The Winter's Tale" 
7. Relationship Between Parents and Children in "The Winter's Tale" 
8. Leontes' Jealousy in "The Winter's Tale" 

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment