Tuesday 4 August 2020

Important Questions | Othello By William Shakespeare | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) To be suspected, framed to make women false.
The Moor is of a free and open nature
That thinks men honest that but seem to be so,
And will as tenderly be led by the' nose
As asses are.

(b) Now, by heaven,
My blood begins my safer guides to rule,
And passion, have my best judgment collied,
Assays to lead the way.

(c) I had rather be a toad
And live upon the vapor of a dungeon
Than keep a corner in the thing I love
For others' uses.

2. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) Believe me, I had rather have lost my purse
Full of crusadoes. And but my noble Moor
Is true of mind and made of no such baseness
As jealous creature are, it were enough
To put him to ill thinking.
(b) Work on, My medicine, work! Thus credulous fools are caught,
And many worthy and chaste dames even thus,
All guiltless, meet reproach. -- What, ho! My lord!
My lord, I say! Othello!
(c) Oh, devil, devil!
If that the earth could teem with woman's tears,
Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile.
Out of my sight!
3. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) Here, stand behind this bulk, straight will he come.
Wear thy good rapier bare, and put it home.
Quick, quick! Fear nothing. I'll be at thy elbow.
It makes us, or it mars us. Think on that,
And fix most firm thy resolution.
(b) And yet I fear you, for you're fatal then
When your eyes roll so. Why I should fear I know not,
Since guiltiness I know not. But yet I feel fear.
(c) Whip me, ye devils,
From the possession of this heavenly sight!
Blow me about in winds, roast me in sulfur,
Wash me in steep-down gulfs of liquid fire! --
4. "Othello" As a Domestic Tragedy
5. Theme of Jealously in "Othello" 
6. Othello As a Tragic Hero
7. Character Sketch of Iago
8. Character Sketch of Desdemona

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment