Sunday 28 December 2014

Past Paper Drama 2008 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) At a feast a drunken man maundering in his cups
Cries out that I am not my father's son!
I contained myself that night, though I felt anger
And a sinking heart. The next day I visited
My father and mother, and questioned them, they stormed,
Calling it all the slanderous rant or a fool,
And this relieved me.
(ii) Thou, old traitor,
I am sorry that by hanging thee I can
But shorten thy life one week. And thou, fresh piece
of excellent witch craft who of force, must know
The royal fool thou cop's't with.
(iii) By heavens, I say my handkerchief in his heart,
And makest me call what I intend to do
A murder, which I thought a sacrifice;
I saw the handkerchief.
(iv) Ay, Faustus, now thou hast no hope of heaven,
Therefore, despair, think only upon hell,
For that must be they mansion, there to dwell.
(v) That does not seem to be a great objection.
Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London.
Society is full of women of a very highest birth.
Who have, of their own free choice, remained
thirty-five for years.
2. The character of Oedipus has historically inspires a combination of fascination and repulsion. How would you account for this.
3. Leontes' jealousy is sudden, fierce and motiveless. Discuss its consequences.
4. Comment on the view that Othello murder Desdemona in honour and love, and not in hatred.
5. Faustus is a man who through his thirst for knowledge and his desire to go beyond the accepted wisdom of his time is ultimately destroyed!
6. How does Oscar Wilde portray food as both a weapon and means of demonstrating one's power? Discuss three examples from the play to demonstrate how he uses food.
7. Bring out the role of character and co-incidences in Othello.

No comments:

Post a Comment