Friday 21 August 2020

Past Paper Drama 2018 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages. 
(i) I am pleased to hear it. I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit, touch it and the bloom is gone. 
(ii) I agree. What you've just said makes a sense. 
So tell me the nature of the damage
You claim you're suffering because of me. 
(iii) O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; 
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feed on. 
(iv) The story of your romantic origin, as related to me by mamma, with unpleasing comments, has naturally stirred the deeper fibres of my nature. Your Christian name has irresistable fascination. The simplicity of your character makes you exquisitely incomprehensible to me. 
(v) Here, stand behind this buld; straight will he come; 
Wear thy good rapier bare, and put it home: 
Quick, quick; fear nothing; I'll be at thy elbow; 
It makes us, or it mars us; think on that, 
And fix most firm thy revolution. 
2. Do you think it is fair for Oedipus to call himself 'the worst of men's in "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles? Why or why not? 
3. Discuss the character of Mephastophilis. How much of a role does he play in Faustus's damnation? 
4. What impact do ideas of magic and mystery have in "The Winter's Tale"?
5. Explore Oscar Wilde's play "The Importance of Being Earnest" as a comdey. 
6. Shakespear's characters represent human nature in all its variety, it is said. What kind of nature does Othello present? Discuss. 
7. Do you think everyone who has a thirst for more knowledge should face a similar end which Dr. Fausturs met? Discuss what exactly led to Faustus' downfall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment