Wednesday 5 August 2020

Important Questions | The Importance of Being Earnest By Oscar Wilde | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
2. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) True. In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity is the vital thing. Mr. Worthing, what explanation can you offer to me for pretending to have a brother? Was it in order that you might have an opportunity of coming up to town to see me as often as possible? 
(b) Exploded! Was he the victim of a revolutionary outrage? I was not aware that Mr. Bunbury was interested in social legislation. If so, he is well punished for his morbidity. 
(c) I beg you pardon for interrupting you, Lady Bracknell, but this engagement is quite out of the question. I am Miss Cardew's guardian, and she cannot marry without any consent until she comes to age. The consent I absolutely decline to give.
3. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(a) It pains me very much to have to speak frankly to you, Lady Bracknell, about your nephew, but the fact is that I do not approve at all of his moral character. I suspect him of being untruthful. 
(b) That does not seem to me to be a grave objection. Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years. 
(c) Gwendolen, it is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth. Can you forgive me?
4. "Importance of Being Earnest" As a Social Satire
5. Major Themes in "The Importance of Being Earnest" 
6. "The Importance of Being Earnest" As a Trivial Comedy for Serious People
7. Character Sketch of Algernon
8. Character Sketch of Miss Prism

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment