Saturday 7 May 2016

Past Paper Drama 2015 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study AIds

Attempt any FOUR questions including question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) I will wear my heart upon sleeve for daws to peck at; I am
not what I am.
(ii) Man of agony .....
That is the only name I have for you,
That, no other ..... ever, ever, ever!
(iii) Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscrib'd in one self place;
But where we are in hell, And where hell is, they must we
Ever be.
(iv) But jealous souls will not be answered so;
They are not ever jealous for the cause,
But jealous for they're jealous. It is monster
Begot upon itself, born on itself.
(v) A sad tale's best for winter: I have on
Of Spirits and goblins
(vi) "I have always been of opinion that a man who desires to get married should know either everything or nothing."
2. Comment on the theme of "ungodly pollution" with reference to Sophocles' play "Oedipus Rex". 
3. Discuss Dr. Faustus as a man of Renaissance in Christopher Marlowe's play "Dr. Faustus".
4. Can you justify Shakespeare's play "Othello" as a tragedy?
5. Discuss and analyze the feminist strains in Shakespeare's play "The Winter's Tale".
6. Who is your favourite character in Oscar Wilde's play "The Importance of Being Ernest"? Justify your answer. 
7. Iago is the real hero of Shakespeare's play "Othello". Discuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment