Sunday 4 January 2015

Past Paper Drama 2014 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) "If we say that we have no sin,
We deceive ourselves, and there's no truth in us.
Why then belike we must sin,
And so consequently everlasting death."
(ii) "Nothing will induce me to part with Bunbury, and if you ever get married, which seems to me extremely problematic, you will be very glad to know Bunbury. A man who marries without knowing Bunbury has a very tedious time of it."
(iii) Man of agony .....
That is the only name I have for you,
That, no other --- ever, ever, ever!
(iv) "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good neame
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And make me poor indeed."
(v) But whether a mere man can know the truth,
Whether a seer can fathom more than I ....
There is no test, no certain proof
Though matching skill for skill
A man can outstrip a rival. No, not till I see
These charges proved will I side with his accusers .....
Never will I convict my king, never in my heart.
2. Define Hubris and describe which actions of Oedipus and Jocasta demonstrate Hubris in Oedipus Rex by Sophocles.
3. What is the significance of the last speech in Marlowe's play Dr. Faustus?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following proposition: Desdemona's goodness drove her to her tragic end?
5. Discuss and analyze Leontes' Jealously in Shakespeare's play The Winter's Tale.
6. Is Cecily a more realistic character that Gwendolen? Why or why not? Discuss your answer in the light of Oscar Wilde's play The Importance of Being Earnest.
7. "I hate Othello!". Give some insight into the lines spoken by Iago for Othello in Shakespeare's play Othello.

No comments:

Post a Comment