Friday 2 January 2015

Past Paper Drama 2013 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt FOUR questions in all. Question No. 1 is COMPULSORY. Each question carries 25 marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) No, in good earnest,
How sometimes nature  will betray its folly,
It's tenderness, and make itself a pastime.
To harder bosoms.
(ii) Believe me, I have rather lose any purse
Full of crusades: and but my noble moor
Its true of mind, and made of no such baseness
As jealous creatures are, it were enough
To put him to ill thinking.
(iii) My poor children, I 'know
Why you have come -
I am not ignorant of
What you yearn for,
For I well know that you are ill, and yet,
Sick as you are, there is
Not one of you whose sickness equals mine.
(iv) Gwendolen, it is a terrible thing
For a man to find out suddenly that
All his life he has been speaking nothing
But the truth. Can you forgive me?
(v) I know not that, but such a handkerchief -
I am sure it was your wife;s - did I today
See Cassio wipe his beard with.
2. How is Romance interwoven with Tragedy in 'The Winter's Tale'?
3. 'The Importance of Being Earnest' is a critique of the society. Explain how?
4. Discuss the importance of Creon's character in 'Oedipus Rex'.
5. How far is Doctor Faustus a truly tragic character?
6. Too much of goodness led Desdemona to her tragic ending. Agree/disagree?
7. Discuss the role of fate and freewill in 'Oedipus Rex'.

No comments:

Post a Comment