Thursday 1 January 2015

Past Paper Drama 2012 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) By the world,
I think my life be honest, and think she is not,
I'll have some proof; my name, that was as fresh
As Dian's Visage, is now begrim'd, and black
As mine own face.
(ii) Accursed Faustus, wretch, what hast thou done?
I do repent, and yet I do despair.
Hell strives with grace for conquest in my breast.
What shall I do shun the shares of death?
(iii) There's some ill planet reigns:
I must be patient till the heavens look
With an aspect more favourable, Good my Lords,
I am not Prove weeping, as our sex
Commonly are, the want of which vain dew
Perchance shall dry your pities.
(iv) True. In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing. Mr. Worthing, what explanation can you offer to me for pretending to have brother? Was it in order that you might have an opportunity of coming up to town to see me as often as possible.
(v) How dreadful knowledge of the truth can be
When there's No help in truth!
I knew this well,
But did not act on it!
Else I should not have come.
2. Discuss 'Doctor Faustus' as a morality play.
3. Explore the character of Hermione. How far is she responsible for Leontes' madness in 'The Winter's Tale'?
4. What are the major thematic concerns in 'Oedipus Rex'?
5. Describe the role of Miss Prism in Oscar Wilde's play 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.
6. Why do you think the loss of handkerchief has a huge impact on Othello's mind?
7. Bring out some of the satirical elements in Oscar Wilde's play 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.

No comments:

Post a Comment