Tuesday 30 December 2014

Past Paper Drama 2010 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul,
Let me not name it to you, you chaste stars!
It is the cause. Yet I'll not shed her blood:
Nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow
And smooth as monumental alabaster.
Yet she must die, else she'll betray more men.
Put out the light and then put out the light.
(ii) London society is full of women of the highest
Birth who have, no their own free choice,
Remained thirty five for years.
(iii) Forth from the borders thrust me with all speed,
Set me within some vasty desert where
No mortal voice shall greet me any more.
(iv) Thou dearest Perdita.
With these forced thoughts, I prithee, darken not,
The mirth of the feast. Or I'll be thine, my fair,
Or not my father's. For I cannot be
Mine own, nor anything to any, if
I be not thine.
(v) Yea, I will wound Achilles in the heel,
And then return to Hellana for a kiss.
O thou art fairer than the evening air
Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars,
Brighter than thou as flaming jupitar
And none but thou shalt be my Paramour.
2. The play Oedipus by Sophocles is very ironical in that it endorses the theme of free will as well as predestination. We eventually come to realize that man is free and yet he is also fated. What are your views?
3. Do you see Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe as an art from that both teaches and delights the audience. While simultaneously presenting a moral. Cite specific details to support your answer.
4. What is the role of women in The Importance of Being Earnest. How are mothers represented? What about single/independent women?
5. Why does Othello not investigate Iago's accusations? Why does Othello not seek his own proof of Desdemona's betrayal?
6. Discuss and analyze Leontes' jealousy. Is it too sudden and poorly motivated to be credible?
7. Examine the female characters in the play. Do they share a common role in the play Othello? 

No comments:

Post a Comment