Sunday 28 December 2014

Past Paper Drama 2009 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following:
(i) Forth from thy boards thrust me with all speed.
Set me within some vasty desert where
No mortal voice shall greet me any more.
(ii) Gentlemen, for that I know your friendship is unfeigned,
It is not Faustus' custom to deny
The just request of those that wish him well
You shall behold that peerless dame of Greece.
(iii) Work on,
My medicine, work! Thus credulous fools are caught;
And many worthy and chaste dames even thus,
And guiltless, meet reproach. What, ho! my lord!
My lord, I say! Othello!
(iv) I have considered so much, and with some care; so far that I have eyes under my service which look upon his reservedness; from which I have this intelligence that he is seldom from the house of a most homely shepherd; a man, they say, that from very nothing, and beyond the imagination of his neighbours, is grown into an unspeakable estate.
(v) Kindly turn round, sweet child. No, the side view is what I want. Yes, quite as I expected. There are distinct social possibilities in your profile. The two week points in our age are its want of principle and its want of profile. The chin a little higher dear, style largely depends on the way the chin is worn. They are worn very high, just present.
2. The play Oedipus Rex ends leaving our vision of Oedipus as a commanding figure very much intact. Discuss.
3. How far do you agree that Faustus's behaviour after he sells his soul hardly rises to the level of true wickedness.
4. Iago is considered as 'no great devil' he represents an ordinary, average, little man. Express your views.
5. Discuss the role of Divine Intervention in the play 'The Winter's Tale' especially the miracle scene and the Delphic oracle.
6. Use examples drawn from the play Importance of Being Earnest to show how Algeron uses aesthetic principles to transform his life into a work of art.
7. Is Desdemona simply a passive fool? Is her virtue tantamount to idiocy? Or can she be conceived of as strong and even valient. What are your views and why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment