Tuesday 23 December 2014

Past Paper Drama 2004 | M.A. English Part I (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) Had I as many souls as there be stars,
I'd give them all for mephostophilis,
(ii) Be certain what you do sir lest your justice
Prove violence, in the which three great ones suffer
Yourself, your queen, your son.
(iii) And yet I fear you, for you are fated then,
When you eyes roll so: why I should fear, I know not,
Since guiltiness I know not, but yet I feel I fear.
(iv) Ah! Dear friend
Are you faithful even yet, you alone?
Are you still standing near me, you will stay here,
Patient to take care for the blind?
The blind man!
Yet even blind I know who it is attends me,
By the voice's tone-
Though my darkness hide the comforter.
(v) Ah! I believe she is plain. Yes:
I know perfectly well what she is like.
She is one of those dull, intellectual girl one meets all over the place.
Girls who have got large minds and large feet.
I am sure she is more than usually plain, and I expect she is about thirty-nine and looks it.
2. How far would you agree that the play Dr. Faustus is a compelling drama of man whose mounting ambition inevitably brings about his hellish fall as he stubbornly rejects repeated advice that his action must lead to damnation?
3. What kinds of insight do you think has Shakespeare given us into the relationship between parents and children in The Winter's Tale?
4. How far do you agree that whenever Othello trusts his instinct he is almost invariably right? Whenever he thinks or fancies himself to be thinking, he is almost ruinously wrong?
5. In the play The Importance of Being Earnest money is key to survival in the upper reaches of English society, how far would you agree?
6. Discuss the relationship between man and the gods in Oedipus Rex.
7. Discuss the dramatic significance of the female characters in Othello.

No comments:

Post a Comment