1. SELECTED ESSAYS BY BACON
2. Bacon As a Moralist
3. Bacon As a Philosopher
4. Bacon's Worldly Wisdom
5. Renaissance Elements in Bacon
6. Critical Appreciation of 'Of Parents and Children'
7. Critical Appreciation of 'Of Great Place'
8. Critical Appreciation of 'Of Studies'
2. GULLIVER'S TRAVELS BY SWIFT
9. Swift's Prose Style
10. Swift As a Satirist
11. Swift As a Misanthrope
12. Popularity of 'Gulliver's Travels'
13. Irony in 'Gulliver's Travels'
14. Elements of Utopia in 'Gulliver's Travels'
15. First and Last Voyage of 'Gulliver's Travels'
16. Character Sketch of Gulliver
3. UNPOPULAR ESSAYS BY RUSSELL
17. Russell's Prose Style
18. Russell As an Essayist
19. Russell As a Philosopher
20. Connection Between Philosophy and Politics
21. The Future of Mankind
22. On Being Modern-Minded
23. The Functions of a Teacher
24. Ideas That Have Helped Mankind
4. CULTURE AND IMPERIALISM BY EDWARD SAID
25. Edward Said's Prose Style
26. Edward Said's Views on Culture
27. Edward Said's Views on Imperialism
28. Relationship Between Culture and Imperialism
29. Central Thesis of 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialism'
30. The Public Role of the Intellectual
31. The Case of Colonized Nations in 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialim'
32. Classical English Novelists in 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialism'
5. THE REDRESS OF POETRY BY SEAMUS HEANEY
33. Heaney's Prose Style
34. Heaney's Views About Poetry
35. Accusations Against Poetry
36. Heaney's Defense of Poetry
37. Poetry will Never Become Irrelevant
38. Poetry Brings Human Existence into Fuller Life
39. Poetry Redress Social, Economic and Cultural Ills
40. Inclusive Consciousness in 'Redress of Poetry'