Sunday 2 August 2020

Important Questions | Poetry of Wyatt and Surrey | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following lines with reference to the context. 
(i) The long love that in my thought doth harbour
And in mine hert doth keep his residence,
Into my face presseth with bold pretence.

(ii) If it be yea, I shall be fain;
If it be nay, friends as before;
You shall another man obtain,
And I mine own, and yours no more.

(iii) It was no dream: I lay broad waking.
But all is turned through my gentleness
Into a strange fashion of forsaking;

(iv) All is possible
Who so list believe.
Trust therefore first, and after preve,

2. Explain the following lines with reference to the context. 
(i) The mean diet, no dainty fare;
Wisdom joined with simpleness;
The night discharged of all care,
Where wine the wit may not oppress:
(ii) Yet from my lord shall not my foot remove, --
Sweet is the death that taketh end by love.
(iii) And with remembrance of the greater grief,
To banish the less, I find my chief relief.
(iv) Thus, for our guilt, this jewel have we lost,
The earth his bones, the heavens possess his ghost.
3. Wyatt As the Father of Modern English Poetry
4. Thomas Wyatt as a Sonneteer
5. Critical Appreciation of 
(i) The Long Love That in My Thought Doth Harbour
(ii) They Flee From Me
6. Surrey As a Sonneteer 
7. Critical Appreciation of 
(i) Prisoned in Windsor
(ii) Wyatt Resteth Here
8. Comparison Between Wyatt and Surrey 

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment